Information for Independent Social Workers
Interested in Joining Our Service on a Contractual Basis
- Are you looking for a more flexible, supportive working arrangement with attractive benefits?
- Do you enjoy assessment focused work?
- Do you have strong time management, reporting and applied analytical skills?
- Are you creative in your approach to working with children and families?
Who Are We?
Key Assets Consulting Services is a premium one stop shop providing high quality, independent, assessment and consultancy services across a breadth of sectors, including child and family services, child care and family law proceedings. We assist Tusla, Courts Services and Solicitors by delivering high quality assessments in respect of children and family services and associated legal proceedings. We do so in a timely fashion with transparent costs.
We are part of the Key Assets Group; Key Assets, The Children’s Services Provider, (www.keyassets.org) is an international group of companies delivering flexible child and family social services solutions across three continents. As a social enterprise group we offer innovative client centred services to government and non-government partners.
Job Description Re: Independent Social Workers With Key Assets Consulting Services
- We are presently recruiting experienced social workers (and guardians ad litem) to complete a variety of assessments for children’s services and child and family law proceedings.
- Our consultants operate on a self-employed, freelance, part-time basis allowing them significant flexibility to manage working hours, set caseload limits and apply their skills within their special areas of interest.
- Our contracted social workers are typically required to conduct independent comprehensive assessments and reports for Tusla and/or child and family legal proceedings focused on key issues including: Parenting Capacity, Child & Family Reunification, Attachment, Family Contact, Custody, Risk assessments.
- We also offer bespoke consultancy services where multiple, complex issues and needs have been identified in a child’s life or family system. In such cases, we match the professional’s areas of expertise to the needs of the specific child/family.
Why Join Us? : We Value Our Team And Pride Ourselves On Quality Service Provision
All our professionals at Key Assets Consulting have access to a strong benefits package including:
- Attractive professional fees
- Direct, straight-forward payment terms and invoicing support – we pay you direct on completion of the report/consultation.
- Mileage /Travel expenses paid monthly.
- Clearly structured assessment templates with transparent hours and fees from the outset.
- Free CPD – we provide all our professionals with free access to high quality training in Court-room skills and report-writing for legal purposes. Additional training options are available annually on relevant specialist areas (e.g. attachment assessment, specialist skills for assessing younger children).
- Sharing of latest professional research/assessment resources/reports/policy information – including access to relevant journal articles.
- Marketing of your expertise.
- Well-developed Quality Assurance system – including complimentary proof-reading service
- Accessible consultation with our experienced staff.
- Flexible working hours – you decide how many cases you want to work on monthly. We issue suitable referrals to you within your caseload limit, matched to your skills set, as they become available.
At Key Assets Consulting, we support you, so you can concentrate on directing your professional skills to deliver better outcomes for children and families.
What Level Experience/Qualifications Are We Seeking?
- Recognised professional Social Work qualification (NQSW) or international equivalent.
- CORU Registered (essential)
- Minimum of 3 years, full-time, post qualification experience working with children & families essential (5yrs+ desirable).
- Proven experience in preparing comprehensive, well-structured professional reports for Court.
- Requires the ability to work on your own initiative, in a flexible and creative manner, within agency policies and procedures and in accordance with relevant statutory provisions.
- Keen procedural knowledge of relevant legislation; Child Care Act, 1991 (as amended), Children First Act (2015), Family Law Act (1995), Children & Family Relationships Act (2015).
- Commitment to delivering high quality client-centred services in an inclusive and flexible manner.
- Well-developed skills set for working sensitively with children and families.
- Specific experience in any of the following areas is a distinct advantage; parenting capacity, reunification, family law (e.g., S47 /S32 reports) or attachment assessments.
- If currently working within Child & Family Agency – geographical working restrictions will apply to ensure independence and address possible conflict of interest.
- Must have own car and full driving licence.
- Garda Vetting procedures will apply.
Make an Enquiry
To find out more about simply send us your enquiry
Make an Enquiry
We are available to assist you with any referral or general enquiry you may have.