Child and Adult Psychologists
Clinical * Counselling * Educational * Forensic
Part-time and Sessional Options Available on a Contractual Basis
Across the Republic of Ireland
- Are you looking for a more flexible and supportive working arrangement with attractive benefits?
- Experience working within child protection, child welfare and/or children services an advantage
- Do you have strong report writing skills?
- Are you creative in your approach to working with children and families?
We are looking for Psychologists to join our growing team
We are presently recruiting experienced fully qualified psychologists (Clinical, Forensic, Clinical, Counselling, Neuro) to complete a variety of assessments for children’s services and child and family law proceedings across the Republic of Ireland.
Experience in: -
- Developmental Trauma / Attachment Assessments
- Paediatric Mental Health
- Child Care / Child Protection and Family Services
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team (desirable)
- Disabilities (in particular assessment of ASD)
Experience in: -
- Adult Mental Health
- Trauma Impact
- Disability / ASD Services
- Parenting Capacity / Reunification Assessments for Childcare/Family Law Proceedings
- Adult Forensic Assessments
What does a Consulting Psychologist with Key Assets Consulting do?
Our Consulting Psychologists operate on a self-employed, freelance basis allowing them significant flexibility to manage working hours, set caseload limits, and apply their skills within their special areas of interest. Case Management and professional support is provided by support staff.
Our psychologists work across a range of sectors providing comprehensive assessments, reports, and bespoke interventions, serving children and families (e.g., ASD diagnostics, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Educational needs, Trauma impact, Emotional and Behavioural Needs, Parenting Capacity). We receive referrals from HSE, Tusla, the Courts, private healthcare and directly from parents.
Psychologists on our Children’s Disability team work alongside experienced Speech and Language Therapists, Social Workers, Psychotherapists and Occupational Therapists depending on the needs of the child. We also provide bespoke consultancy services where multiple, complex issues and needs have been identified in a child’s life or family system. In such cases, we match professionals’ areas of expertise to the needs of the specific child/family. Multidisciplinary assessments are carried out at our Dublin and Cork offices.
Childcare, Family Law and Forensics
We are specialist providers of Childcare, Family Law and Forensic assessments, with a reputation for high quality analysis and reporting. Reasons for referral typically include parenting capacity, reunification viability assessments, parenting plans and specialist risk assessments (e.g. physical/sexual violence).
Why Join Us?
We value our team and pride ourselves on quality service provision. Perhaps you are in private practice already but would like to reduce the isolation factor and benefit from administrative support to ensure you are paid on time and can concentrate on your clients? On the other hand, perhaps you are working part-time and interested in the opportunity to undertake some private work to develop career options in your areas of interest. With us, you benefit from flexibility and a strong network of colleagues and peer support structures.
All our contracted professionals have access to a strong benefits package including:
- Direct, straightforward payment terms and invoicing support – we pay you direct on completion of the report/consultation.
- Attractive professional fees.
- Use of clinic space in our Dublin, Cork, and Mullingar offices.
- Access to a library of psychological tests.
- Clearly structured assessment templates with transparent hours and fees from the outset.
- Free CPD – we provide all our professionals with free access to high quality training on relevant specialist areas (e.g., Courtroom/legal skills, analytical report writing, specialist skills for assessing younger children, ADOS-2 training, advanced practice in trauma and attachment).
- Sharing of the latest professional research/assessment resources/reports/policy information
- Marketing of your expertise.
- Well-developed Quality Assurance system, including complimentary proof-reading and copy-editing.
- Accessible Case Management supports with our experienced professional staff.
- Flexible working hours – you decide how many cases you want to work on monthly. We issue suitable referrals to you within your caseload limit, matched to your skills set, as they become available.
At Key Assets Consulting, we support you, so you can concentrate on directing your professional skills to deliver better outcomes for children and families.
Level Of Experience/Qualifications Required
- Recognised professional post-graduate qualification in Psychology; Educational / Counselling / Clinical / Forensic / Neuro.
- Registered Member or eligible for full registration with Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI) or equivalent (BPS).
- Minimum of 3 years relevant full-time, post qualification experience working with children & families is essential.
- Commitment to delivering high quality services to our clients in an inclusive and flexible manner.
- Well-developed skills set for working sensitively with children and families.
Desirable - additional experience in any of the following
- Experience in Children’s disability assessments e.g., AONs / ASD diagnostics. (*desirable to have training ADI-R/DISCO or equivalent and ADOS-2).
- Experience in assessing from a systemic perspective e.g. Parenting Capacity assessments.
- Experience in preparing comprehensive, well-structured professional reports.
- Experience collaborating within a multidisciplinary team setting desirable.
- Ability to work on own initiative, in a flexible and creative manner, within agency policies and procedures and in accordance with relevant statutory provisions.
- Procedural knowledge of relevant legislation; Child Care Act, 1991, Children First Act (2015), Children & Family Relationships Act (2015), Disability legislation is helpful.
If you are ready to apply, simply return the application form with your CV to email@example.com, or call us on 01-4171944 for an informal chat to answer any queries. Teleconference interviews will be arranged on receipt of your completed application form.
We Look Forward To Hearing From You
Link to Application Form here