Speech and Language Therapy
Our senior Speech and Language therapists are CORU registered, highly experienced and fully vetted with more than 3 years post qualifying experience. Appointments are available in our Clinics in Dublin and Cork.
Our speech and language therapists are also experienced in providing services online - more info here
Did you know that if you have private health insurance you may be able to claim back some professional fees paid for Speech and Language Therapy? Each policy can differ but we provide appropriate receipts to enable you claim back where fees are covered. You can also keep your receipts and at the end of the year submit them with your Tax return More info.
- Initial consultation (45mins) €75 - available online or in person
- Assessments range from €400 - €600 (depending on the type and level of needs - some are longer as they require school observations for example)
- Follow up Speech and Language therapy appointments are available for varied durations; 30min (€60) 45min (€75) and 1hr (€100).
Information about Speech and Language Therapy
Speech and Language therapists provide help with difficulties in communication. Speech and Language therapists can also help with feeding /swallowing issues. Speech and language therapists are focused on empowering parents and children to reach their full potential and reduce these difficulties.
What kind of communication difficulties might occur?
- Speech may develop late and there may be pronunciation difficulties
- Children may have difficulty understanding Language which can lead to frustration and affect self-esteem
- Following directions from a teacher or a parent might be something a child struggles with.
- Reading and Writing difficulties sometimes associated with Dyslexia
- Expressing thoughts in words may be difficult
- Selective Mutism
Our Assess My Child service works with a range of conditions, which affect children’s communication skills, social skills and sometimes feeding/diet. Here are a few examples: -
- Autism Spectrum Disorders /Conditions
- Communication difficulties associated with Post-traumatic stress
- Cerebral Palsy
- Speech delay/disorder
- Impact of Cleft Lip / Palate
We are dedicated to helping children express themselves to the best of their ability. We know how communication difficulties can deeply affect children’s feelings, behaviours and self-esteem. This in turn can create stress for parents and families.
At Key Assets consulting, our team is here to support you and your child in a welcoming and playful environment. We concentrate on ABILITY and helping every child find their VOICE!