Information For Speech and Language Therapists (Pre-school and School-going children)Interested In Joining Our Service On A Contractual Basis
- Are you looking for a more flexible, supportive working arrangement with attractive benefits?
- Do you enjoy assessment focused work?
- Do you have strong time management, report writing and analytical skills?
- Are you creative in your approach to working with children and families?
We are presently recruiting Speech and Language Therapists to provide high quality, sensitive assessments and interventions for children with wide-ranging disabilities and in particular Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Our consultants operate on a self-employed, freelance, part-time basis allowing them significant flexibility to manage working hours, set caseload limits and apply their skills within their special areas of interest. We run child development clinics monthly at our Dublin and Cork offices and our consultants are pre-booked according to the specific needs referred.
Our speech and language therapists are required to conduct high quality assessments, complete detailed reports and provide advice/guidance to Tusla and private individuals (parents). Typical reasons for referral would include: Autism Spectrum Disorders, Language Delay, Speech disorders, Feeding difficulties.
Our speech and language therapists may be required to work as the lead assessor or as part of a multi-disciplinary clinical team (e.g. for ASD clinics).
Why Join Us? We Value Our Team and Pride Ourselves on Quality Service Provision
Perhaps you are in private practice already but would like to reduce the isolation factor and benefit from administrative and marketing supports to ensure you are paid on time and can concentrate on your clients?
Or perhaps you are in a salaried position but are interested in the opportunity to undertake some private work with the aim of developing your further career options?
All our professionals at Key Assets Consulting have access to a strong benefits package including:
- Direct, straight-forward payment terms and invoicing support – we pay you direct on completion of the report/consultation.
- Attractive professional fees
- Clearly structured assessment templates with transparent hours and fees from the outset.
- Mileage /Travel expenses paid monthly.
- Free CPD – we provide all our professionals with free access to high quality training in Court-room skills and report-writing for legal purposes. Additional training options are available annually on relevant specialist areas (e.g. attachment assessment, specialist skills for assessing younger children).
- Sharing of latest professional research/assessment resources/reports/policy information – including access to relevant journal articles.
- Marketing of your expertise.
- Well-developed Quality Assurance system – including complimentary proof-reading service.
- Accessible consultation with our experienced staff.
- Flexible working hours – you decide how many cases you want to work on monthly. We issue suitable referrals to you within your caseload limit, matched to your skills set, as they become available.
WHAT LEVEL EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS ARE WE SEEKING?
- Fully trained in use of ADOS for assessment of Autism Spectrum Disorders as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Appropriate registration with CORU.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ work experience in the area of children’s disability services.
- Have excellent communication and team-work skills.
- Be committed to the delivery of high quality, child-centred assessment and therapy services.
- Have excellent time management skills.
- Have enthusiasm and a creative approach to working with children and parents.
- Evidence of a commitment to continuous professional development (CPD).
- Requires the ability to work on own initiative, in a flexible and creative manner, within agency policies and procedures and in accordance with relevant statutory provisions.
- Well-developed skills set for working sensitively with children and families.
- Full driving licence and access to a car – desirable (not applicable for TELEHEALTH)
- Garda Vetting procedures will apply.
Candidates must possess: (i) the B. Sc degree (Clinical Speech and Language Studies) from the University of Dublin/ NUIG or UCC OR (ii) the BA (Moderatorship)(Remedial Linguistics) from the University of Dublin OR (iii) the M.SC in Speech & Language Therapy (Professional Qualification) from the University of Limerick OR (iv) Licentiateship from the College of Speech Therapists OR (v) A validated Speech & Language qualification at least equivalent to (i), (ii), (iii) or (iv) above.
If you’re ready to apply, simply return the application form with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download Application Form
At Key Assets Consulting, we support you, so you can concentrate on directing your professional skills to deliver better outcomes for children and families