SENIOR SPEECH & LANGUAGE THERAPIST; Cork / Dublin / Mullingar
Key Assets Consulting (KAC) provides clinic based and community based interdisciplinary assessment and support services for children and their families nationwide. Our Head Office is in Dublin and we have additional clinic bases in Cork and Mullingar.
- We work with parents and schools directly and in addition are approved providers of psychological, and interdisciplinary assessments for HSE and Tusla.
- We are part of the Key Assets Group, an international group of companies delivering flexible child and family social services solutions across three continents. As a social enterprise group, we offer innovative client centred services to government and non-government partners and bring a range of professional services direct to communities.
- We pride ourselves on providing high quality services to children and families.
- Equally, we place strong emphasis on supporting our staff and having a positive working environment. We do this through strong supervisory and support structures, manageable caseloads, open communications, modern & well resourced work-spaces and a focus on professional development with ample training opportunities.
We are growing our clinical teams to enable us to provide a wider variety of assessment & intervention services to meet family & community needs, within an interdisciplinary framework. To achieve this we wish to appoint additional Speech and Language Therapists (staff and senior grades) across our services.
NEW POSTS AVAILABLE
- Senior Speech and Language Therapist (Paediatric) – Permanent – Flexible options available, 28-35hrs per wk.
- 58k to 69k (Commensurate with experience)
The Senior Speech and Language Therapist will be principally based at their nearest KAC clinic (Cork, Dublin or Mullingar) with some work from home provisions.
- Dublin (Grantham Street, Dublin 8)
- Mullingar (Forest Park)
- Cork (Victoria Cross, Cork city
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To provide a variety of high quality speech and language therapy services (assessments and intervention) to children and young people (0-18 years) and their families attending the Key Assets Consulting Clinics. There is a strong emphasis, on interdisciplinary working and adhering to best practice guidance.
- To provide support to other professional staff, consultants (SLT/OT/AP/Psychologist/ Students) and management as required, as part of interdisciplinary practice framework.
- To provide clinical oversight and clinical governance support to senior management; updating policies and procedures to ensure best practice standards are maintained (e.g., writing and revision of SOPs and clinical guidance as relevant)
- To provide clinical supervision and case management supports to Staff Grade Speech and Language Therapists on your team.
- To work with the Quality Assurance Team in line with KAC’s quality assurance framework by upholding standards in high quality report writing across the services provided.
- To contribute to the growth and development of the services, aligned to the core culture and values. (Includes contributing to research initiatives across the interdisciplinary team)
- To develop the range of 1-1 children’s services and specialist SLT parenting programmes offered by KAC.
- Both clinical supervision and line management supports are provided by experienced Senior staff.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- The post holder must be a fully qualified Speech and Language Therapist and registered by the Speech and Language Therapists’ Registration Board at CORU.
- Have at least 3 years full time (post qualification) relevant clinical experience (i.e., within a children’s service/autism/disability service)
- Qualified in ADOS-2 administration and appropriately experienced in administration of ADOS-2.
- ADI-R Training and experience is an advantage (not essential).
- Previous experience in facilitating training, providing support/supervision to SLT staff in a senior position is an advantage.
- Strong planning and organisational skills are essential
- Excellent written report writing skills and oral presentation skills are required
- Understanding of Neuro-affirming approach in practice is required.
- Experience working with complex cases is required (e.g. dual diagnoses, complex differential diagnostics where developmental trauma presents in parallel with developmental delay / query autism)
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH KAC
- Flexible working week options available (28-35hrs)
- Fulfilling work – achievable case loads – no wait list management tasks
- Competitive Salary scales
- KAC covers your Professional Membership fee (PSI) & Annual Conference attendance
- Private Health Insurance paid (excellent group scheme) after 1 year’s service
- Minimum 25 days Annual Leave rising to 30 days
- Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Adoptive, Force Majeure and Compassionate Leave)
- Clinical Supervision provided with a suitably experienced senior grade.
- Separate Line management supervision provided to support achievement of objectives
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
- Death In Service (from commencement of employment)
- Sick Pay scheme
- Parking space provided
- Learning and Development Programme; internal online learning system + external training courses in relevant areas are supported (e.g. attachment, trauma, expert witness work, Autism specific courses)
- Robust test library available – including use of online testing platforms (automated scoring systems) for greater efficiency and accuracy.
- Modern IT systems to help you do your job efficiently – IT support/help desk available
- Welcoming, positive team culture & well-resourced work spaces
HOW TO APPLY
Please see our full Job Description and Person Specification below. To be considered for this role, you must complete our application form.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 15th September, 2023 (Interviews will be scheduled for September 2023). Please email completed application forms along with your CV to email@example.com. Shortlisting will apply.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
For further information on Key Assets Consulting, please visit www.keyassetsconsulting.ie or for an informal discussion please contact Sarah Treacy (Director) on 087 7024569 or Dr Paul Quinn (Senior Clinical Psychologist) on 087-3650630